Monday 30 August 2010

Personally I think it would be better for the economy if the Banks had a Holiday 365 days a year, with an extra one in leap years.

* * *

I turned the computer on, then forgot what I had put it on for. I put it on to blog.

I would like to ask for your prayers: I need strength; I would like to ask you also to pray for me for the strength to pray. Of course prayer is the one grace which we are certain God will never take away from us, so there can never be a time when we cannot pray; nevertheless there are times when we neglect to pray sufficiently: and this is disastrous, for we dare not slacken for one moment in our love for God.

I know that I have a great capacity for loving (I believe I am not saying this from pride); but the temptation to love oneself rather than God is an ever-present one - and that is the cause, if I may say so, of every problem in the entire world.

No comments:

Post a Comment