Wednesday 13 January 2010

Hello again, again

I am back in Colchester. I am returned from the magical land of Stoke-on-Trent. There are a few things I need to sort out in the next few days, but with a bit of luck, grace, prayer, citalopram, sleep, food, drink, acumen, music, fortitude, and resilience, all shall be hunky-dory and tickety-boo, and all shall be hunky-dory and tickety-boo, and all manner of things shall be hunky-dory and tickety-boo.
I just want to share with you the first section of a psalm from today's Vespers (New Rite, Wednesday of Week 1):


PSALM 26 (27), first part.

[Antiphon: The Lord is my light and my help: whom should I fear?]

The Lord is my light and my help:
whom should I fear?
The Lord protects my life:
what could terrify me?
When they come to do me harm,
to consume my flesh,
my enemies and my persecutors,
it is they who stumble and fall.
If their armies encamp against me,
my heart will not fear;
if battle flares up against me,
even then will I hope.
One thing I beg of the Lord, one thing will I ask:
that I may live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,
so that I may behold the joys of the Lord
and always see his temple.
For he will shelter me in his tent in the time of evils.
He will hide me in the hidden parts of the tabernacle;
then raise me up on a rock,
lift me high up above the enemies who surround me.
In his tabernacle I will offer him a sacrifice
of shouts, of songs, of psalms to the Lord.
Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.


[Antiphon: The Lord is my light and my help: whom should I fear?]

No comments:

Post a Comment