Friday 29 January 2010

It has been a good day. I rose at 9, much better than yesterday's 10.04; I went to Mass, saying morning prayer in the church beforehand. We had the "rather horrendous story" of David's adultery and homicide. I like this story. I like King David. Hooray for King David! I shall not say "Hooray for adultery and homicide!" That would be wrong. I am not sure whether that would be one or two mortal sins; I suppose it would be two, because there are two distinct objects.

Anyway, there came into my hands today a special copy of the Catcher in the Rye.

Christopher Robertson has come to Durham briefly.

I have written a letter to the notorious nincompoop, Richard Dawkins. It runs thus:

"Dear Prof. Dawkins,

I have read your article on p. 34 of today's Times.

Grow up.

Yours sincerely,

David Mitchell"

No comments:

Post a Comment