Saturday 20 March 2010

Endings

No, I am not ending my blog. But I note that it is a time of endings, with the end of the Epiphany term, Father Paul Ward shutting down his website, my undergraduate degree drawing towards its close. I am slightly sad that "Father Paul" is shutting down his website, since I have read it since 2007 and corresponded with him frequently throughout that time; but all good things and evil alike must come to their appointed end.
Today is St Cuthbert's Day; it is also the day on which, after four and a half months, I have approached the Sacrament of Confession.

So I say to you, there shall be joy before the angels of God upon one sinner doing penance. (Luke, xv, 10.)


I have acquired a copy of St Francis de Sales' Treatise On the Love of God, translated into English, in two volumes; and I have read the translator's introduction thereto.
I have discovered that the Pope has published a Pastoral Letter to the Catholics of Ireland, on which I shall perhaps comment later but not before I have read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment