Thursday 24 December 2009

Christmas Eve

'Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.


That is as much as I can remember of that.

Today has been comparatively ordinary. I wrote some labels for some Christmas presents; read up to the bottom of page 871 of War and Peace (I really want to finish that book, I nearly wrote interminable, but the point of reading a book is not to get to the final full stop as quickly as possible). We watched a film (Frost/Nixon), which was enjoyable. I haven't been to Mass this evening; my intention is to go in the morning at 10. Hopefully that will not be too problematic.

Mass is not said at midnight here but at 10.30 p.m. I believe the reason for this is that our dear priest (that is not meant ironically, by the way) wants to go to bed.

The 10AM Mass tomorrow is for the repose of the soul of the late father of someone who teaches English at my old school.

No comments:

Post a Comment