Sunday 13 December 2009

Gaudete!

Today was Gaudete Sunday. It is now 2.19 a.m. on Monday morning. I did not feel particularly joyful; but we have good cause to rejoice.

"Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel
Shall come to thee, O Israel."

I wrote a Facebook message to a priest this morning; the message was four thousand words long. I then had a Skype conversation with him which lasted an hour and a half.

There have been so many events in recent times that it is all rather overwhelming.

Still, God has a purpose in everything that happens.

For the most part my life has been good.

Sometimes there are bad times as well as good. But God has His reasons, even if we cannot know them.

I am wondering about things.

I have a feeling that the next three or four days are not going to be any less eventful than the previous seven.

I want to sit and think.

But now I have been up for nineteen and a half hours and I am going to bed.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment