Saturday 26 December 2009

I am shattered

I only got up at 9, but I didn't really sleep the previous night. I looked at the clock, said to myself "it must be 4 or 5", and found it was a quarter to seven. I lay in bed in a state of semi-somnolence* for most of the night, I think. I sent a nice message to sanabituranima and she replied with what I believe is the nicest message I have ever received. (I shall not quote it here, obviously.)

This afternoon I tried to type, skeletally, all the significant events that have happened in my life between the 7th of October, i.e. the beginning of the last term, and the present. My skeleton reached six and a half thousand words. If it had been fleshed out fully, I do not know how long it would have been. Well, if I had included every conversation, and every letter, and every text message, of significance, it would probably have been the length of a Tolstoy novel. (I am on page 976, by the way. I shall not read any more tonight; I am exhausted.)

Tomorrow is Sunday. Now I WILL go to Mass tomorrow. I shall go to the 11 o'clock Mass, come hell or high water. I don't like missing Mass.







* You thought you could only be in a state of grace or a state of sin, didn't you? Well, you obviously never heard of the state of semi-somnolence.

No comments:

Post a Comment