Thursday 9 December 2010

At some point I should like to write something more extended on this blog than a couple of sentences. At present the blog tends to be something that happens at the end of the day; I do not tend to regard it as generally of particular importance, and when I come to write things in it I am usually quite tired. Tomorrow, perhaps, I shall write at more length.

I wish the Modernists would stop pretending to be Catholic. I wish they would either convert to Catholicism or leave us alone and stop poisoning our minds with their quasi-Catholic Agnosticism. It is not so much that their ideas are insane, or that they are wrong - it is not that alone, but it is the infliction of these ideas under the title of Catholic that should drive us up the wall, or rather it should drive us to lie flat on our faces begging God for mercy, and praying as we have never prayed before, and it should drive us to study the Faith and learn it and know it as we have never needed to know it before. When a Catholic says "I think the Church should change its teaching," I hear heresy bells a-ringing, and I think something like "mindset! mindset!" I FIND IT VERY DISTURBING TO HEAR CATHOLICS TALK LIKE PROTESTANTS. When the Real Presence is explained in a wriggling manner, and no mention is made of the belief of Catholics that the consecrated Host is the Body of Jesus Christ, and a sort of apology is made for the doctrine of transsubstantiation, I find myself quite shaken. Was my Faith shaken? I don't think so; but I know that I was severely shaken.

I sincerely believe that it would be better for Catholics to be taught nothing than to be brainwashed with intellectual poison masquerading as Catholic truth.

1 comment:

  1. :(

    The "wriggling manner" is so familiar. The "hard teachings" get treated like that a lot.

    Is is because people don't tuly believe, or because of fear of offending people? I don't know which is worse.

    ReplyDelete